Thursday, November 12, 2009

Week 6

OMG. This blog has been left alone for 7 weeks (6 schooling universit-ing weeks + 1 orientation week).

Thankfully by now, everything has settled down. Amazingly, I have started calling my room "home". I utterly shocked myself when I said that absent-mindedly the first time. But of course, actual home is always back home.

Life here is probably as routine as it gets now, which isn't much other than my late dinners. Dinner is always a highlight everyday because of all the fun! It's rare for me to sleep before 12am these days. And youtube-ing is a new recreational activity for me. It can take up to 5 hours. It can go on forever.

And.... the actual sports. I am happy to say that Ultimate is very much still part of my life. Although, the enjoyment definitely does not beat El-Ninos in any way=) Apparently, Warwick Bears is one of the top teams in UK. Many of the members play in the Euro Championships, which must be something. The women's team (over here they lack girls too. Can't say that it is a problem for me. Hehe..) is by far the best in UK. They play drills a lot. More on Ultimate later on. I did fitness training today, ass tiring. Sprint, sprint and sprint. I salute you, Bryan! Over here is definitely nothing like US, I bet. Or maybe I have not seen the first team training, but I doubt they are as crazy here. Most players start in university.

As Warwick is a kampung, there's really nothing much else to do. Good thing, cause most things need money, which I lack. After seven weeks, I think I have adapted to frugal living. Every penny that leaves hurt. I have gotten used to constant counting, constant budgeting. And of course, under-budgeting. It is not that bad, it is a good habit and sometimes, good fun. Of course, it certainly is more fun having more money. So if anyone is feeling generous, donations are welcome=)

That's all for now.

I miss Roti Canai.


No comments:

Post a Comment